Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

This blog is dedicated to introducing real traditional Chinese food to people in Massachusetts who are interested in this cuisine but have little knowledge about it.
Why did I start this blog? A simple reason: I have many friends from other countries and cultures who do not know what to order in at a Chinese restaurant. It happened to my friend Shweta. After she ordered her food at Island Hopper, the waitress, who  served the dish, asked, “Why did you guys order this dish? It’s Americanized Chinese cuisine.” This happened to my other friends too. So, I decided that I, a native Chinese (Cantonese), could start a blog with tips on what to order in a Chinese restaurant.
Every week, my badminton teammates and I usually eat out in a Chinese restaurant that we have never been to before. So I’m going to continue trying and reviewing one Chinese restaurant every week.
Speaking of Chinese food, many friends only know dim sum—a famous Cantonese food, but in fact, there are many other different regional cuisines from China, such as Sichuan food (actually it is misspelled as Szechuan food in many American Chinese restaurants), Shanghai food, etc. Chinese food is really MORE THAN JUST DIM SUM!
Please stay tuned and join me in this tasty journey with delicious authentic Chinese food that you can enjoy around our lovely Bean Town! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine. Be sure to add an "about me" section and to work harder to "provoke" comments and conversations. SQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I read about your blog on Universal Hub, and I think it's a wonderful idea. I'm bookmarking you, and I'll be back to (I hope) read what you have to say about more Chinese restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind note, Suldog! I'm glad you like my blog, and I'll try to post more reviews soon. Please stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete