Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sichuan Food in Cambridge


After the Sichuan intro in last post, now let's taste some real authentic Sichuan cuisine!!

Thailand Café, located at 302 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, is actually a Sichuan cuisine restaurant, despite its name—I am still confused why it is called that way. It is not a spacious and fancy decorated restaurant, but it is close to Harvard and MIT, and it has some good dishes (not every dish is great though). Here are the dishes we ordered:
Roast beef, tongue & tripe with chili-peanut vinaigrette: it is a hot appetizer. It is one of the best house special dishes. Tender beef with flavorful chili-peanut vinaigrette. Yummy! Strongly recommend it if you are into spicy food.
Roast beef, tongue & tripe with chili-peanut vinaigrette
Poached chicken with chili sauce: it is a hot appetizer. Tender chicken with authentic Sichuan chili sauce, and a mixed flavor if you eat it with the peanut on the top. Another dish I'd recommend :)
Poached chicken with chili sauce
Double cooked Chinese style bacon: it is not a spicy dish, so you might want to try it if you are not a big fan of spicy food. But I’ve had better in other restaurants which I’ll write about later.
Double cooked Chinese style bacon
Chong Tsing dry hot chicken: not recommend—it is supposed to be a hot dish, but to me, it is neither dry nor hot enough.
Chong Tsing dry hot chicken
Braised whole fish with Sichuan chili sauce: not recommend—it is supposed to be a spicy dish, but still, it is not spicy enough, and it even tasted a little bit sweet…
Braised whole fish with Sichuan chili sauce


Szechuan Beef on FoodistaSzechuan Beef

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks mouthwatering.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this szechuan widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about szechuan, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't already, make the journey out to Framingham for Sichuan Gourment. (There's one in Billerica too.) Sichuan Palace in Chelmsford does a solid hot pot. Another Framingham joint I posted about recently is the resilient Red Pepper:
    http://mattmwise.tumblr.com/post/1408565469/red-pepper-is-officially-back-on-my-list-of-go-to

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Matt! I looove Sichuan Gourment in Framingham (the one in Fenway is just ok) & Red Pepper too!!! I went there several times already before I started this blog, but didn't take any pics, sigh... Have to go back sooon :)
    Sometimes I just wish Framingham could be a little bit closer to my place...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The island country has plenty of Chinese eateries in every nook and corner of the country and hence you will easily be able to find one and place your orders. phoenix pizza restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information. asiate baden baden

    ReplyDelete